1/7/11

Day 6 of the 21 day organization challenge



Today is the dresser and since my husband and I don't use a dressers for clothes (we have a walk in closet - which is a week project at the least). I decided to do my daughters dresser. Here is the before and the top is out of control.












She helped me with this so I am hoping that will encourage her to keep it up.
I let her put the stuff on the dresser in the way she wanted so she felt in control.
Her top drawer is socks and undies. So I got a tote for each. I didn't try and fold them all as I knew that was too much to ask of her long term. My kids put their clean clothes up so I am glad they do that. I told her as long as everything is in the right tote I would be happy! During AFV we fold socks as a family on Sunday nights so then she can just add them to the tote. Her tights are in the middle. We got rid of a bunch that didn't fit anymore. Yaaa!
The second drawer is p.j's and we just purged and refolded everything. Nothing exciting.
The third is 'comfy clothes' and the same was done.
After it was done she said 'I am so glad we did that'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job!

Allison said...

It looks good. I hope she keeps it up too. I like that you had her participate in it.